Surveillance

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 1 20:43:48 UTC 2004

Decent dv camcorders  have ir modes (generally refered to as night mode
or nightshot) that can record relativly high-quality video at very low
light levels... They will typically also be able to accept external
microphone's through a minijack and you can capture from them continously
using their audio/video-output to something like a bt848/878 capture
card or through a firewire connection. you can of course use the camera
freehand as well whihc will make it more flexible... it's doesn't have to
be terribly high-end such a camera can be had for < $500...

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu