Multiple ISP's on one Server

Hugo Perez Casanova casanova at electronica.itver.edu.mx
Sat Oct 2 02:24:10 UTC 2004

You may need split access and source based routing.

Check out this link:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

I have worked like this for more than a year, just customize what you
need.

Regards.

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 20:20, Thom Paine wrote:

> I ran into a small problem last month in that I used over 70G of
> bandwidth. My current ISP can't really handle that, as it costs him $4
> per G of transfer.
>
> I really need the static IP that he provides, as well as the discount on
> my internet, but I don't want to abuse what I've got working for me.
> Rogers Cable can provide me with internet service as well with no
> transfer limit. My question is how to set up my server best to utilize
> using two ISP's.
>
> I need my current static IP to connect to servers I support, but I would
> rather have most of my incoming connections as well as most of my
> internet traffic head out the cable one. I'm thinking that with hosting
> my own domain, I can create an alias with my cable connection because it
> isn't really all that permanent. It might change IP's a couple times per
> year.
>
> Does anyone else do this, and could give me some advice so I don't try
> and reinvent the wheel?
>
> Thanks.

-----
IEE José Hugo Pérez Casanova
Profesor del Depto. de Ingeniería Electrónica
Instituto Tecnológico de Veracruz