Getting synaptics keypad working in FC2

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 2 03:19:25 UTC 2004

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
>> The psmouse restores tapping, but breaks some other things and doesn't
>> provide all the functionality.  Grab the latest synaptics RPM from the
>> Fedora development tree.  It does most of the "cool things".
>>

> I beg to differ.  psmouse.proto=imps enabled full functionality on my
> hardware and broke nothing.
>
> So as I said before either may suit his needs.  People have had
> different experiences based on their hardware.
>
> Chris

Good news ahead! The newer versions of Fedora will have the synaptics
driver configured into them via the system-config-display program.

I've been using the psmouse.proto=imps added to the grub.conf fle
previously. Today, I was able to reconfig this to work with
system-config-display --reconfig -- I had to edit the python script for
s-c-display, but this is using the development programs. The next
version should work correctly initially.

There are plans to also have system-config-mouse have the ability to set
the advanced options later on, when time permits the development.

Meanwhile, adding psmouse.proto=imps to the grub.conf file worked pretty
much the same. I'd like to say that using the synaptics driver available
  from development works better. I don't see any improvements or
regressions in using the driver over the grub.conf addition. There may
be, but not overwhelming.

You might want to read the fedora-test-list archives for further
discussions and information.

Jim

--
You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!