hw list for Fedora

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Sat Oct 2 11:33:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 23:41 -0400, Steven C. Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a list of hw that works with Fedora.  For example, I am
> wondering which DVD-RW/CD-RW drives, WiFi cards and external USB-attached
> drives I should get.  I assume *any* USB-attached disk drive (like the new
> Maxtor's) will do.  I may want to get a WiFi-G card for my desktop and a
> DVD/CD burner for my server.  But, I'm asking a general question on h/w
> compatibility because I may want to get other stuff down the road.
>
> TIA,
>
> Steve
Their are plenty of Linux hardware guides out their, as a rule the more common
something is the better it is supported. You could also ask the vendors
if they provide specs to build drivers for their hardware. The more
people that do this, the better the driver support will get.
I haven't come across any hardware in a long time that I had a problem
with, but I avoid obscure stuff.

Ted