K3B fails to burn DVD-RW discs

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 2 10:23:24 UTC 2004

Filippos Klironomos wrote:

>?
>

>>When I ejected the blank DVD+RW's after the failed burn, they appear to
>>have data written on the inner part of the disc, but K3B doesn't even
>>start the write before it fails.
>>

>What does 'dvd+rw-mediainfo' return when you have DVD+RW in the drive?
>
>Notice as well that you should turn off automount when you want to
>burn things on CD/DVD. First you have to burn and then mount. So if
>you get a pop up window after inserting the DVD or CD in the drive,
>close the window and make sure the CD or DVD is not mounted anymore
>before you burn.

2.6.7 kernel. When I insert a blank CD/DVD, KDE doesn't automount it.
Only automounts discs with data/music.

I got it working, but I still don't know what was wrong. In the K3B burn
menu, if I selected the burn speed as auto or manually specified 2.4x or
or 4x, I got that error. Auto is the default setting too. I tried the
"ignore" option instead and it burned fine. Go figure.

Thanks!