upgrading from FC1 to FC2 with yum!

W. Guy Thomas mrguytx at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 2 17:33:24 UTC 2004

It's looking good so far. I upgraded yum itself first, then did a yum
clean all, then moved modules.conf to modules.anacbak (not sure why I
had to do this but it was recommended), then a yum upgrade...

It has taken about 3 hours and it appears it grabbed everything
including the 2.6 kernel.
Running test transaction now.

Keep your fingers crossed. If I'm lucky ALSA might even work this time
so I don't have to OSS again and shell out 20 bucks just for sound.

This is a great mailer guys. Thanks for all your helpl.

=Guy