FC-2 iptables settings

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Oct 2 21:13:45 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:

To follow up my own posting,
I ran system-config-securitylevel on my desktop,
chose to have a firewall,
and allowed everything listed.

But now I cannot access the internet from my laptop
through the desktop.

I looked at the various tools available in FC-2,
but I didn't see anything which allowed me to set this up.

I know how to set it up without using FC-2 tools,
and have returned it now to its previous working state.

But are there tools in FC-2 to do this?
It seems surprising to me if there is not,
as this must be what many if not most Fedora users will want,
and there is a relatively straightforward way of doing it in Windows.
But maybe I have overlooked something?

Just to clarify: my desktop is connected to the internet
by ADSL/pppoe (with DHCP).
I have two LANs, running on ethernet and WiFi (eth1 and eth2).
I want to be able to access the internet from any machine on these LANs
(in a relatively safe way).

My question is: are there tools in FC-2 to set this up?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366