help on fedora

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sun Oct 3 05:14:39 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 23:33, Ivanca S wrote:
> Hi!
> I am very new in the Linux world.
> I have a computer (hard-disk 120 GB). Can I install Fedora 2 on my
> computer in parallel with an existing Windows Xp Pro?
> And are there tools for web designing in Fedora? I mean the classical
> html, php, perl, and flash; ftp uploading files to a web host, and so on?
>  From where can I download a tutorial for learning - as beginner- Linux?
> When I get some experience with Linux, I'll renounce at Win.
> Thanks a lot!

Hi Ivanca -

You should be able to install Fedora on a 120GB drive with Windows XP no
problem.  Have a look at http://lwn.net/Articles/86835/ for a problem
that happens to some users who try to dual-boot.

You should really read the docs at http://fedora.redhat.com/ and
http://www.fedorafaq.org/ for good info on getting Fedora up and
running.

As far as applications, there are a TON of them - you should look at
http://freshmeat.net/ and http://sourceforge.net/ to get started.

Welcome to Linux!  You're going to have a lot of fun!

Thomas Cameron