newbie to mailing list - Mono question

fedora-list at riddlermarc.net fedora-list at riddlermarc.net
Mon Oct 4 08:08:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been a home Red Hat user since the days of 6.2 (still have my cd's
somewhere..) although I must confess to mainly having been a Windows user for
the past couple of years due to work requirements (ASP.NET/C# developer on 2003
Server) so I've been out of the loop for a bit.

I've recently upgraded my home server to an AMD64 3000+ and decided to put FC2
x64 on it.. by and large it's been working jsut fine. However, I wanted to try
to install Mono and have a play to see if it's stable and worth committing to
using for some development work.

I checked the Mono site and there doesn't seem to be any stable release for x64,
so I grabbed an old PII-400 machine from my garage and installed FC2 i386 on
that. I then tried to install Mono but it is complaining about not having
XFree86-devel.. a little research (bearing in mind I've been out of the loop
for a while) led me to find that FC2 uses XOrg rather than XFree86 by default.
Is there any way I can get round this?

Regards,
Marc