continuous disk activity from GNOME

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 10:12:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Is this normal?  Is there any way to stop it (it can't be good for
> the drive)?

Is it normal? Depends on lots of things. Biggest two is finding the app
causing the hammering and reporting it into bugzilla (if it is a bug
that is), the second is the amount of memory and swap space you have.
Lots of both and you'll get very few hammer sessions, very little and
they'll increase.

TTFN

Paul
--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.