Getting synaptics keypad working in FC2

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 4 11:36:56 UTC 2004

Mauri Sahlberg wrote:
> Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
>
>> Mark Haney wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know of a good FAQ/How to on getting a synaptics keypad to do all
>>> the cool things in FC2?  Like tap, etc?
>>>

>>> --------------------------------------
>>> Mark Haney
>>> Network Administrator
>>> InterAct Public Safety Systems
>>> mhaney at interactsys.com
>>> Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux
>>> 11:15:07 up 1:01, 2 users, load average: 1.78, 1.48, 1.06
>>>

>> On some systems all that is needed is a kernel option which you can
>> add in /boot/grub/grub.conf:
>> psmouse.proto=imps
>>
>> Others report that they have to install a synaptics package.  Search
>> the archives for that if the above does not work.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> And yet some of us needed to turn the usb legacy support off from the
> bios before the darn thing even worked without tapping.

I had to turn off legacy support a long time ago. This was back before
FC1. My issue was keyboard related, but usb legacy has caused many problems.

Also, when using the synaptics driver provided in Rawhide (development),
I had the synaptics driver loading and unloading in a loop. This is w/
acpi, not apm. I ended up switching back to the proto option in the
grub.conf file and restored a pre-synaptics test.

I have more details on the development list archives.

I just noticed that the subject states keypad functionality. Is there a
keypad or is this related to the mouse. My references are for the touchpad.

Jim

--
"If I have trouble installing Linux, something is wrong. Very wrong."

	- Linus Torvalds