fc2 upgrade

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Oct 4 13:57:27 UTC 2004

W. Guy Thomas wrote:

>>You should get the choice later.
>>It will look to see if there is a system on your machine to upgrade,
>>and if there is it will give you the choice.

> is there really no "upgrade" fc1 to fc2 file that I need to run?
> there's only a million rpms in the 4 cd's...

I think I misunderstood what you are trying to do.
My remark only made sense if you were upgrading from CD or ISO files.

If you want to upgrade from all the RPM files
it might be worth while to create a local yum repository on your computer,
and use yum, since yum will look for any rpm's required.
However, I've never done that.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366