Surveillance

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:51:21 UTC 2004

> the baseball bat replies bothered me the most. if someone came on my
> property with a baseball bat, they'd leave on a stretcher with a third
> eye...and the law would back me up for doing it.
Yeah, that was a little disturbing.  I  used to have an upstairs
neighbor who owned a nightclub. The problem was that he'd get home @
0200 & party loudly for a couple of hours. Not fun when you have to
get up @ 0500 to go to work. I tried all of the following w/o success:
1. Asked nicely.
2. Asked not so nicely.
3. Had police come out repeatedly,  he would not listen to them either.
4. Asked *very* persuasively in a physical sense(I was 20 years
younger then & dumb)

Finally after rinsing and repeating the above w/o success I decided to
knock politely on his door each morning on my way to work. He'd open
the door all bleary eyed, I explained to him that I wanted to be a
good neighbor would continue to wish him a pleasant day each & every
time he deprived my of sleep. After a couple of early morning
interludes he got the point :).

--
Bests,
Jon