how to deal with this plugin error?

Ben Smith fedora-list at deesconsulting.com
Tue Oct 5 00:17:43 UTC 2004

Bao Cao wrote:

> Dear All,
>    I was viewing a website, it turned out I can't view part of the
> page, when I clicked on the unview part, I got " This page contains
> information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can only be viewed
> with the appropriate Plug-in".
>    I already installed j2eesdk-1_4, which downloaded from SUN. Do I
> need do any settings for that error or do I need install any other
> stuff? Thanks in advance!

If you already have Java, try running this script:

http://www.deesconsulting.com/fedora/installplugin.sh

Download it to your home directory, open a terminal, type 'sh
installplugin.sh' and follow the instructions.
If you don't have Java, there are Mozilla plugin RPMs floating around on
some of the third-party repositories.

-Ben
www.deesconsulting.com