OT - "HTML attachment was scrubbed"

John Swartzentruber jswartzen at despammed.com
Tue Oct 5 01:25:40 UTC 2004

On 10/4/2004 7:31 PM Lew Bloch wrote:

> From: William Anderson
>
>> This could be anti virus or spam software removing the HTML before
>> delivering the message to you.
>

> I get the digest, so I only receive text mode from this list anyway,
> never HTML.  The "scrubbing" has to have already happened going into
> the list, true?

The Mailman software (which this list uses --
http://mailman.sourceforge.net) "scrubs" attachments in the archives and
possibly the digests. This just means that it moves the attachments to a
location on the server and inserts a link to the attachment instead. In
previous versions it included the entire base64 encoded attachment,
which was a mess. If there is no text section in a message, the HTML
section will be treated like an attachment. Or maybe it always will, I'm
not certain.