Observations (RAID, NFS4, Reiser4)

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Oct 5 01:34:02 UTC 2004

RAID: Further to a prior posting, I decided to backup and reinstall;
mounting the system root on a SCSI RAID 0. The Fedora crew did a great
job with the RAID installation interface. It is extremely intuitive.
Basically, if I can do it, anyone can.

NFS4: REALLY worth the effort. I am enjoying a 60% (measured) increase
in throughput over NFS3.

Reiser4: You need a Korg kernel (with 8k stacks) at this point. I have a
16gb database on a workstation R4 partition (IDE). It SEEMS faster than
Ext3 but I have no pragmatic measurements.