TwinMOS Mobile disk IV & FC2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 12:22:08 UTC 2004

Tor Harald Thorland wrote:

> I have turned them off now, and got the following:
> Before the welcome to fedora..... I had some ACPI errors, it is too much
> text to write down and reproduce her, is there some way to log the
> startup text to a file or something?

Well, if you boot correctly, you can look at /var/log/dmesg. That gets
over-written each boot, though. That's at around line 843 of
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: you could alter this file (carefully) to make it
save the log somewhere else, and earlier or later.

> After the welcome i got the following:
> (Freely translated from norwegian to english)
> Setting hostname localhost		[OK]
> Initializing USB controller (ohci-hcd)	[OK]
> Mounting USB-filesystem			[OK]
>
> Then the system hang....

That's around line 220 of the same file. How are you at shell scripting?
Can you put echo statements in at suitable places, so we can see where
everything is hanging?

> Is there also a way to keep the whole starup in English instead of
> norwegian?

It looks like this is picked up from /etc/sysconfig/i18n by about line
20 of /etc/init.d/functions.

There are a number of ways of making sure that LANG gets set to en_US,
en_GB, or C.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "I recall discussing the transcendentality of Greek Pi
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | with my brother Arthur. He wiped a finger round the