Zombie processes

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Tue Oct 5 12:02:55 UTC 2004

Try with:

	lsof | grep proc-name

This will give you the list of files open by proc-name. This could be
useful.

Try also:

	rpm -qf `locate proc-name`

or something like that, to see if there is a package which proc-name
belongs to. If there is not such a package, you'd better consider your
situation as risky, because you have some commands around that you never
installed with some package, but some one could have.

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico