FC2 on Compaq nx9110

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Oct 5 12:40:09 UTC 2004

Hi. Anyone have FC2 (or FC1, RH9) installed on a Compaq nx9110? I have
FC2 installed and it went pretty well except for sound and video.

There's no choice for the Mobility 9000 IGP, at least not specifically.
No matter what I choose in "Display settings" after a reboot it always
ends up back at "VESA driver (generic)". Anyone had success with getting
better video support working?

The sound is also a problem. After installation I played the test sound
and it played, but was extremely choppy. Now once I login, I don't get
any sound at all. If I go to Soundcard Detection I see the configuration
for the card, but hitting "Play test sound" yields no sound and
immediately asks me if I heard the test sound.

Any help is appreciated.
James