NIS master->slave push failing

acosta at ar.microlink.com.br acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Tue Oct 5 13:42:48 UTC 2004

Hi all,

this is not strictly a Fedora question, so please apologize for the slightly-OT...

I am setting up a NIS slave server on a FC2 box (the master is running on an old RH box). Apparently, all went well (I've followed the instructions here [http://daq.triumf.ca/online/nis/nis_notes.html#NIS master server setup:] and it has been very helpful), but master server is failing to push its changes to the slave server. This appears on /var/log/messages on the master server whenever the push is attempted:

Oct  5 10:30:03 duchamp ypxfr[26894]: ypxfr: Can't get master address

/etc/yp.conf on the master has this:

domain tecgraf.puc-rio.br server localhost

and ypwhich correctly returns:

localhost.localdomain

Any ideas?

TIA