Fedora on Panasonic Toughbook

Jon Shorie jshorie at medinaco.org
Tue Oct 5 14:40:53 UTC 2004

I work for a county water system.  We are looking at purchasing some Panasonic
Toughbook laptops to run a gis application that runs under either Redhat or
Fedora.

I need to know if anybody has had any experience with running fedora on either
a Panasonic Toughbook T2 or Toughbook 18 laptop.

Also, the Toughbook 18 has a touch screen.  Would this be useable under
fedora?

The specs on the 18 are as follows:

Pentium M 713 1.1 GHz ULV
RAM 256 MB
HD 40 GB
Fast EN
802.11b
802.11g
Centrino
Win XP Tablet PC
10.4" TFT

The specs on the T2 are as follows:
Pentium M 1.1 GHz
RAM 256 MB
HD 40 GB
Fast EN
802.11b
Centrino
Win XP Pro
12.1" TFT

I heard something about Intel supporting Centrino on Linux.  Has this come
about yet?

Also ram on both machines is upgradeable to 512M if need be.  Would 256MB be
enough to run fedora core 2 with KDE?