FC1 slowing down

Jeetendra Mirchandani jeetu at cse.iitb.ac.in
Tue Oct 5 14:51:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Di, den 05.10.2004 schrieb Jeetendra Mirchandani um 12:08:
>> debug1: Trying private key: /users/pg03/jeetu/.ssh/identity
>> debug1: Offering public key: /users/pg03/jeetu/.ssh/id_rsa
>>
>> and mind id, its not just ssh, even the login on a terminal or sudo
>> ...all take time
>
> The paths above look like a NFS environment. Can it be that there is a
> problem with the NFS server host? If not, what is the load of your
> machine?

This is the ssh from a NFS mounted machine to my home pc
The problem is with my home pc

and its not the DNS failure. Whwnever a new user is to login, it hangs, be
it ftp/ssh/terminal login....just anything...

the load on my home machine is not more that 0.1

i have uninstalled the 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl kernel after which this started
(may be a coincidence), but to no avail.

everything is fine, until i have to use the 'login' command(sudo/ftp/ssh
all use it). What could be the problem with the 'login' process???

--

Regards,
Jeetu

   Jeetendra Mirchandani,        Hostel : H12, A-Wing, Room 222
   Graduate Student,             Lab Ph : (+91 22) 25764705, 25764733
   CSE, IIT Bombay,              Mobile : (+91) 98208 78028
   Powai, Mumbai,                E-mail : jeetu[at] cse.iitb.ac.in
   INDIA.                        HomePg : www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~jeetu