WinTV-Go and XDMCP

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Oct 5 15:24:39 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 05.10.2004 schrieb KANE Aaron um 14:23:

> Alexander,  The data is below:

> driver: bttv
> desc: "Brooktree Corporation|Bt878 Video Capture"

So it is a BT878 based TV card which is working out of the box with
Fedora Core 2. You do not say whether you now get a TV picture using
tvtime or xawtv. If not, did you scan for channels? "xawtv -hwscan" will
list you the card if it can be used. If not, check which modules are
loaded with "lsmod" and very important check your /etc/modprobe.conf.

> I have also attached the error TvTime returns when it is run over xdmcp.
>
> [akane at localhost akane]$ tvtime
> Running tvtime 0.9.12.
> Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
> Reading configuration from /home/akane/.tvtime/tvtime.xml
> videoinput: Cannot open capture device /dev/video0: Permission denied

The error line above is pretty clear.

> xvoutput: Received X error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
> xvoutput: Received X error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
> deinterlace: BlurVertical disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
> deinterlace: AdaptiveSearch disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
> deinterlace: AdaptiveAdvanced disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
> deinterlace: AdaptiveSimple disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
> mixer: Can't open device /dev/mixer, mixer volume and mute unavailable.

A permissions problem here too.

> xvoutput: Received X error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
> xvoutput: Received X error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)

A lot of problems causing tvtime to fail.

First check that the TV output works the direct way.

> 	~Aaron

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:18:53 up 5 days, 19:45, load average: 0.77, 0.52, 0.44