Anti-Virus Software ?

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Oct 5 18:09:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 12:33 -0400, Temlakos wrote:
> I'm sure that's comforting--for now. And we all hope that Linux is
> inherently more secure against viruses of all types. Maybe we're right.
> But as more people get fed up with "WinDoze" or "Window$" or however you
> want to spell it, what will happen when cyber-terrorists start attacking
> Linux directly with virus operations? That's what some of my clients are
> asking me right now. What do I tell them?

Well, you can tell them that if numbers counted for that, then the net
surely must have died when an Apache worm attacked some time ago [it
didn't].

Numbers don't really count that way. Not alone, at least.
The security model and the way most GNU/Linux distributions work helps
raise the bar significantly.

Remember that for those black hat dudes they don't even need source
code. That's for girlies! They use decompilers and software alike.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?