Wine crashes on File Selection dialog

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 5 20:38:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 14:34, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> No-one any idea for below? Not even Alexander? ;-)
>
> Sorry for the top-post, but I guess it's most appropriate here - saves
> you guys some scrolling...
>
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 19:29, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> > My FC2 Wine installation crashes (without any message displayed) on

I would suggest you try crossover office.  I believe you can get a trial
version that works for 30 days to test with.  I used it in the past and
it was fairly easy to setup and get a windows application to run.

But I would also recommend that you look at what you are trying to run
and see if there is not a native linux application that can do the same
thing.  Emulation software has historically been slower and subject to
many more problems that running native applications.

There are very few areas where there are not acceptable linux based
applications any more.  And sometimes there are several choices in a
category that you can choose from so you get the features you really
need.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
		-- Vroomfondel