Secondary DNS controller for Windows domain

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Tue Oct 5 20:39:00 UTC 2004

I have a client running a Windows2000 domain with the PDC also serving as the
only DNS for the office.  Until we get another W2K server set up, I'd like to
put up a backup DNS so the people can at least talk among themselves and get
out to the 'net if the PDC is down.

I have an old PC that I will install a headless FC2 on and run pretty much
just SSH and BIND.  I've got a stack of articles from Google on how to
configure a UNIX DNS that will support Active Directory, but my bet is that
someone here has a short and sweet solution to doing this.   Any links or
suggestions will be well appreciated.
--
  Steve