Gnome question

Neo neohawkeye at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 20:58:01 UTC 2004

I have never used gnome always been a KDE person. I have now installed
fedora so have decided to try and use gnome. Having a few problems
though I was wondering if you could point me in the correct direction.

1) How do I create a shortcut to an application and tell it to use a
different user.

2) When a shortcut has been created how can I amend thing on it. Right
clicking properties does not seem to give me the option to amend.

3) with the home icon how can I stop that from constantly opening other
windows when I double click a directory in it. I could not see anything
under options.

Like I say never used gnome and I am sure the answers are simply but I
cant find them.

Thanks

Neo