Anti-Virus Software ?

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 22:50:45 UTC 2004

>On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 12:22, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 11:10, Jonathan Allen wrote:
>> > What anti-virus software would you recommend for running on an FC2
>> > machine ?  There are no windows machines in the network, only Linux
>> > workstations, also all running FC2.
>>
>>     You already are: it's called FC2.  :>  The only reason you'd need to
>> run AV programs is to protect Windows boxes.
>>
>>     Enjoy!
>
>I'm sure that's comforting--for now. And we all hope that Linux is
>inherently more secure against viruses of all types. Maybe we're right.
>But as more people get fed up with "WinDoze" or "Window$" or however you
>want to spell it, what will happen when cyber-terrorists start attacking
>Linux directly with virus operations? That's what some of my clients are
>asking me right now. What do I tell them?
>
>Temlakos

How about using the clamav Antivirus package.

clamscan(1)                     Clam AntiVirus                     clamscan(1)

NAME
       clamscan - scan files and directories against viruses

SYNOPSIS
       clamscan [options] [file/directory/-]

DESCRIPTION
       clamscan  is a command line anti-virus scanner. It___s a part of the Clam
       AntiVirus package.

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA.