How to mount my parition winXP ?

Dellacherie Stephane dellache at CRM.UMontreal.CA
Wed Oct 6 17:25:49 UTC 2004

>Message: 1
>Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:30:16 +0100
>From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
>Subject: Re: How to mount my parition winXP ?
>To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
>Dellacherie Stephane wrote:
>

>>I would like to mount my partition windozzze from my linux fedora. WinXP
>>is on hda1 (ntfs system).
>>
>>What do I have to change ? Do I have to change something in the files
>>/etc/fstab and/or /etc/mtab ?
>>
>>Thank you for the info !
>>

>You will need to install the ntfs kernel module. See
>http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/instructions.html
>
>After installing this module you will be able to mount NTFS filesystems in
>Linux. Mount them read-only; it is not (usually) safe to write to NTFS
>partitions from Linux.
>
>Paul.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the info. : it works very well ! :-)

What do you mean when you say "is not (usually) safe" ? Do you mean that
I could damage the win system or the linux system by writing a linux
file to the win partition or a win file to the linux system ?

Stéph