Fedora Core 3 -- questions

Xavier Gonzalez xavier.gonzalez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:05:11 UTC 2004

I am currently using FC1 after a painful update to FC2 on my ThinkPad
T42. I had several issues with:
- freezing: computer would suddenly come to a freeze without any reason.
- wireless: I am using linuxant's driverloader and I had to download a
custom kernel to fix the "only 4MB stack" problem, and not too long
after that the wireless PCI was not recognized.
- partition problem: when I first installed FC1, I erased WXP from my
HD leaving it without anything on any partition. A couple of days
latter when I decided to upgrade to FC2, it gave me several warnings
regarding a partition problem that is "fixable", but I never received
instructions on how to fix this problem.

Now, I know that for some of you this might be infinitely  mundane
problems. Although I have been using linux for 4+ years now, there are
somethings that still too time consuming for me to figure out and
solve.
So, my question is: are these problems being taken into account?, or
is it still expected of the user to fence for his/her-self?

cheers,

--Xavier