Removing some screensavers?

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Oct 6 21:18:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:06:45PM +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> > I disable that screensaver saver as its a redhat-fedora hack and use the
> > genuine saver at
> > http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/
> > its a tar.gz file but very good and lots of info on install/use
>
> Errr, Fedora Core (and Red Hat Linux, for years) includes "genuine"
> xscreensaver.....

The only real patches to xscreensaver are to deal with the removal of
"fortune" due to fear of the copyright police.  Might be a few others, but
nothing of real concern.  There are no screensavers removed. (Unlike
Mandrake which removes the "Matrix" screen savers due to weird fears about
copyright.)