Problem with my external CD-Rom

Dellacherie Stephane dellache at CRM.UMontreal.CA
Wed Oct 6 22:24:29 UTC 2004

Message: 14 Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:58:06 -0400 (EDT) From: "ne..."
<akabi at speakeasy.net> Subject: Re: Problem with my external CD-Rom To:
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
<Pine.LNX.4.53.0410051256330.7386 at mach1.guhvies.org> Content-Type:
TEXT/PLAIN; charset=UTF-8 On Oct 5, 2004 at 17:04, Alexander Dalloz in a
soothing rage wrote:

>>Don't touch the /etc/mtab!

>>Add to your /etc/fstab a line
>>
>>/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
>>noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
>

> I think he should not add 'kudzu' as the next time he reboots
> without the cdrom attached the line will be removed from fstab.
> ... or I might be mistaken.

> N.Emile...

You are right Emile : I sould not add 'kudzu'.

Nevertheless, the command line

/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,ro 0 0

does not work. Indeed, the file /dev/cdrom does not exists.

Remember that my usb cd-rom is an external cdrom and not an internal cdrom ... .

Moreover, when I put this line in /etc/fstab, I cannot mount the usb external cd-rom even when it is connected before the boot.

Fortunately, by removing the previous line "/dev/cdrom ..." from the /etc/fstab file, everything is ok.

So, up to now, I cannot solve my problem discribed at the beginning of this message.

Thank you to help me !

Stéph