[OT]: Quiz for scheduler "want to be authors" [Was]: Re: code of process scheduling

Andrey Andreev andreev at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 7 10:45:30 UTC 2004

Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

> Quiz for scheduler "want to be authors":
>
> Given:
>        A two man racing team.
>        Race is 100 Km in length.
>        The first team member drives the first half at 50Km/hr.
>
> Question 1:
>        How fast must the second driver drive the second
>        half of the race for the TEAM to average 100Km/hour?
The only way the team would average 100 km/h along the length of the
race is, as far as my imagination goes, the unlikely event that the
second driver quantum teleports to the finish line instantly. Either
that, or fall into a conveniently placed wormhole or something.

> Question 2:
>        Essay, How the heck does this apply to the Linux scheduler.
Seriously, how the heck does this apply to the Linux scheduler???

//Andro

--
Andrey Andreev
University of Helsinki