How to remove [exim's] "On Behalf Of" ?

Graham Cossey graham at cossey.plus.com
Thu Oct 7 13:58:15 UTC 2004

Sorry if re-posting is 'bad form' but I would like some help with this,
thanks.

I have installed exim on my FC2 box and it will send email but I have one
annoyance that I would like to resolve:

When sending an email from a PHP script the 'From' part of the email gets
set to 'Apache' with an 'On Behalf Of' (see below). The 'from' value I set
in the script I want to be the sender not an on behalf of. Any suggestions
or pointers on how I can achieve this? (I am assuming of course that it is
exim I need to change !!)

---Email received---
From: Apache [mailto:apache at mysite.com] On Behalf Of Site Support

---PHP script---
<?php
[snip]
$headers = "From: Site Support <support at mysite.com>\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: Site Support <support at mysite.com>\r\n";
$headers .= "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();

mail($email, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

---exim.conf---
exim.conf has the following changes from default:

primary_hostname = mysite.com
domainlist local_domains = @
---end---

TIA