What Next

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Oct 7 15:16:17 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 07.10.2004 schrieb Don Cavaiani um 17:02:

> I have downloaded the 4 large CD images to my PC hard drive (XP).  I also
> have a copy of UltraISO which is able to display the actual files under the
> CD Image files.  I know I need to create some kind of a Boot CD or Floppy,
> but I have not found a clear explanation yet.  I expect that if I can boot
> into Linux, then I will need to use "parted" to create a small FAT32
> partition, and the Linux partition ........and then load the entire Linux
> O/S ???

> Don F. Cavaiani

No, the steps are following:

1) Burn the ISO image files to CD _as images_ - whatever burning
software you use.

2) Read introducing documentation:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/

More documentation at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/

Dual booting is explained there.

3) Boot with CD1 and follow the steps and what you learned before by
reading.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:12:13 up 7 days, 19:38, load average: 1.61, 2.01, 2.23