Command line encryption tool for both Linux and Windoze?

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 7 17:45:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 02:09:24PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:18:21PM +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:
> > I could use a small simple command line tool to encrypt/decrypt the
> > files on my USB pendrive, and it could be cool if it was small enough to
> > be on my pendrive also.

No one mentioned Cygwin tools.

The Cygwin package provides a long list of Unix commands that run on
WinowZ.  It may be the best way to have a 1:1 mapping of equivalent
tools.

   http://www.cygwin.com/

Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows. It consists of two parts:

       # A DLL (cygwin1.dll) which acts as a Linux API emulation layer
       providing substantial Linux API functionality.

       # A collection of tools, which provide Linux look and feel.

   http://cygwin.com/packages/
      	crypt	Encryption/Decryption utility and library
	libmcrypt	an encryption library (runtime environment)
	libmcrypt-devel	an encryption library (development environment)

	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Me, I would "Rather" Not.