Focus follow pointer doesn't work all the time

Graham Campbell gc1111 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 7 20:46:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 16:24, Richard E Miles wrote:

> >     >> My current window loses focus when a new application comes up. This is
> >     >> annoying (to me). Is there a setting I can tweak that will *ALWAYS* give
> >     >> focus to the window under the pointer?
> >     >>
> >     rem> from gnome:
> >     rem> select preferences
> >     rem> select windows
> >     rem> from popup window indicate window focus preference
> >
> > No, that doesn't do it. I already have that set and it exhibits the
> > behavior I mentioned above.
> >
> > --- Vladimir
>
> That's strange. On my system it seems to work. I made the changes in the
> preferences windows popup and verified that focus follows the cursor pointer.
> I then typed konqueror to bring up a new application. The focus did not leave
> the window I was in.

On my FC2 system it works like Vladimir's. From a terminal window type
"glxgears". The focus goes to the gears window even though the mouse is
still over the terminal window. If you read the preferences/windows
popup carefully, it says "Select windows when the mouse moves over them"
and in fact when you move the mouse out of the window and then back in,
the focus comes back.
--
Graham Campbell <gc1111 at optonline.net>