Digitally signed emails

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Oct 8 14:40:59 UTC 2004

James Marcinek wrote:
> I was compelled to especially after reading all of the useless banter that
> people were responding to (as per usual) but meant no offense just a simple
> quick answer. I figured that someone watching the thread might be able to give
> me a pointer...
>
> I don't know what you're talking about 'top post' I replied to one of the other
> posts, nothing more, nothing less. Again not trying to offend anyone and get
> more useless crap on a list I would hope to be focused on technical things...

See http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/ for a description of
top-posting and and what's wrong with it. By not top-posting and properly
trimming quotes, people will be able to understand your post in the context of
the thread more easily and you're more likely to get a useful response.

> I'm using a web based application OpenGroupware (on ssl) with postfix and
> cyrus-imapd on the backend; however I could use either Outlook or Evolution to
> connect to. I wasn't sure if it was a server based method or on a client (such
> as you mentioned). However if a server based signing is possible I would prefer
> that.

Evolution does GPG signing and encryption very nicely, and should be
comfortable to use for anyone familiar with Outlook.

Paul.