Problem installing Fedora Core 2 in ASRock motherboard

Philipp Ott philipp.ott at avalon.at
Fri Oct 8 15:23:38 UTC 2004

Oie!

Paulo Pereira wrote:

>>> I have an ASUS and he has a ASRock K7S8XE.
>>> I installed Fedora Core 2 DVD version with no problems but my friends
>>> installation freezes in the beginning when running /sbin/loader. Since
>> [...]
>>
> As anyone had the same problem?
>
> Paulo Pereira
> Portugal

All the times I had similar problems installing stock FC2-disk1 on a
modern motherboard it was related to the USB support. Either turning USB
(and Firewire Support if available) completely off in the BIOS or
appending nousb, nohotplug to the kernel boot parameters made FC2
continue past this "/sbin/loader" point and onward.

Regards,
Philipp Ott