OT: spammers are using my domain again

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Sat Oct 9 02:40:07 UTC 2004

On October 8, 2004 5:27 pm, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> In the latter case, if your telco does not allow connections to foreign
> smtp servers they do not provide full-featured internet access and you
> should ask them to cease and desist or change your provider.

To recap:

When I send from school (connected through my school's Internet connection), I
connect to the mail server provided by my web/mail hoster
(mail.haligonian.com) without problem.

When I send from home (connected through my local telco's Internet connection,
which I pay for) I can not connect to my web/mail hoster's smtp server. The
error is "could not connect to host mail.haligonian.com".

Is my telco filtering my access to my smtp server at haligonian.com? This is
something that hadn't occurred to me (I assumed I had some glitch because I
use an "unsupported OS").

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com