fedora-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 101

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 15:47:07 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 20:31 -0800, HARPER, WILLIAM IT2 (SW/AW) wrote:
> I have loaded the RPMs for Mplayer and I get the Mplayer to come up
> but is
> will not open any DVD's and I have loaded libdvdcss and it still keep
> telling me No medio opened and when I go into the DVD to try to get
> the
> autoplay to play it will not open.  What am I missing in order for
> Mplayer
> to play DVD's.

	William:

1st When sending a message to the list PLEASE don,t send a copy of the
list digest. If you need to send 1 message or part of 1 message please
do so, for new messages unrelated to the digest click on the link that
says:
To: fedora-list at redhat.com

In order to play your DVD please check the preferences to show what
device MPlayer is looking for (it defaults to /dev/dvdrom) then either
change that to /dev/cdrom, or make a link from /dev/dvdrom to dev/cdrom.

No you can't open up DVD the same as data cd's and there is no autorun
there anyway.

When I play DVDs I first open up Mplayer-gui from the menu and right
click on the display and select play DVD there.

I haven't tried this, but you might try to go to Preferences-->Removable
Media and set the DVD Videos section to play Mplayer upon the detection
of a DVD

HTH

Scott