OT: spammers are using my domain again

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Sat Oct 9 16:23:47 UTC 2004

On Sam, 2004-10-09 at 10:34 -0500, Phillip T. George wrote:
> HA.  Do you think your ISP really needs you to use their SMTP server
> JUST so they can read your email?

Technically speaking not, at least unless you use secure delivery over
TLS, but most ISPs nowadays lack the personell to do that without an
intermediate mail server.

> Its becoming more and more common each day, and I think its not that
> much of a sacrfice to make, so that there is less spam in the world
> (or at least less spam sources).

How could this possibly reduce the amount of spam in the world?

> ALSO, most ISPs that offer a businss service remove this restriction.

THAT is indeed a good point, first remove functionality and then make
customers pay extra.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
        - George Bernard Shaw