continuous disk activity from GNOME

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:07:44 UTC 2004

> Does anyone have any idea what part of GNOME this could be?
> (What's the easiest way to find the files and processes invovlved?)

I have the exact same activity with GNOME. Chances are  that the local
time gets updated and maybe ACPI events on the logs and things like
that. All  interprocess communication happens through open sockets
(you can see a few in /tmp) and even more if you give the 'lsof''
command.

I wouldn't worry too much about  that activity but if you are
interested to find out what causes it exactly you can let us know if
you find out!

Good luck!