Problems with Dovecot

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Oct 10 13:42:19 UTC 2004

Am So, den 10.10.2004 schrieb Robert Trembath um 15:32:

> I have setup a new fc2 server for a client with about 70 email accounts. I
> am now getting widespread issues with people being unable to pickup mail
> using OutLook 2003. I have users with hundreds old messages building up and
> not able to retrieve them. I don't have this issue with any other boxes I
> have running mandrake or gentoo. Please, any suggestions? This is mission
> critical and I need to know why such a simple service will not operate.
>
> Robert

Please explain your problem again and a bit different. What does "people
being unable to pickup mail using OutLook 2003" mean? What maillog
errors do you see or errors in messages syslog file? What does "users
with hundreds old messages building up" mean, especially the "building
up"? Is this a new install of FC or an upgrade? Are you using IMAP or
POP3?

Alexander

P.S. Please don't send HTML formatted mails but plain text.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 15:38:58 up 10 days, 18:05, load average: 0.29, 0.29, 0.18