User settings for internet access

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 17:51:51 UTC 2004

Kali wrote:
> As root, i have set permissions for user2 and user3 to access the
> internet.
... um. Where is this? Are they on separate computers? Are you using
GNOME or KDE?

There are a number of ways you could be doing this, but by default, a
user on a Fedora installation can access any network resource the
computer can reach.

> However, when they enter the data (logid and password) the
> form does not allow transfer of this data and  users are not able to
> access the internet.

Which form? Is this in a web browser?

> So I tried as ROOT and it works but user2/3 are still unable to go
> online. I used GUI to set permissions.

Which GUI?

Can you be more clear about your setup and what you're trying to do?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     -- Tom De Mulder