basic installation problem

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Sun Oct 10 21:23:58 UTC 2004

This is for joshua neff.  I can't copy from another Evolution window,
and can't reply to a digest....it's too long and gets chopped on the
reply.

Here's an example that I used the other day to create a backup of some
files.  Safest to do this as root.

$ cdrecord driveropts=burnfree gracetime=20 dev=0,0,0 backup.iso

driveropts=burnfree -- tells cdrecord to use hardware buffer underrun
which my CD burner supports.

gracetime=20 -- Wait 20 seconds before you begin burning.  If you want
to bail out before you waste a CD, press CONTROL-C.

dev=0,0,0 -- This is the SCSI address for my CD burner.  Yours might be
different.  Try 'cdrecord -scanbus' if you don't know what to use here.

backup.iso -- The ISO image file to burn onto CD.

Erik