cant mount drive

Thornton thornton at cierragroup.com
Mon Oct 11 08:19:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 00:02, ZHANG YD wrote:
> there is a error in the line of your fstab
> right one is
>
> /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
>
> there is a comma between 'iso9660' and 'noauto' in
> your line

I tried changing that and rebooted the system and logged in as root.

I still cant burn. This is the error I got:

System
-----------------------
K3b Version:0.11.14
KDE Version: 3.2.2-8.FC2 Red Hat
QT Version: 3.3.3

cdrecord
-----------------------
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hdc exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/hdc'.
Cannot open SCSI driver.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord
dev=help'.

Thanks for all your wonderfull help.