Route my Fedora mail ..

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Mon Oct 11 12:48:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 08:40, Don Cavaiani wrote:
> Mark, I'm not really sure where I want to go with this ...  I know the
> volume of Fedore mail is quite high, so I wanted it to go to its own
> "location".  I'm sure I could probably do that right in my existing Outlook
> client somehow.  But, I wanted to continue on with the Linux possibilities,
> so I wanted to learn how to use any of the mail programs which are available
> and see if I could build in the "intercept" of the Fedora messages and store
> them on the Linux PC.

Okay, here's what I so far, you've got a dual boot box that connects to
an exchange server.  You want to 'route' the linux messages to the
Fedora box and everything else to the Windows box?  The only way to do
that, would be to create two separate MBs on the Exchange server and
hook one to Outlook and use the other for linux mailing lists and such.
Exchange is going to store all the messages you get in whatever mailbox
it sees the message for.  It won't distinguish between content unless
you build some server-side rules, and even then it's not likely to work
well.  Is there a reason why you want things split up?  I mean I dual
boot my laptop for work, but I've found no reason to boot to XP on it in
months.  I can use TS or VNC to get to my servers and any other apps
that we use, I can almost always find a linux equivalent.  The last one
I found (the nail in the XP coffin in my opinion, at least for me) was
Kivio so I can do Visio type drawings.

I can help you off list if you want.  Feel free to holler at me.

mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux