K3B in Fedora Core2 as standard user

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Oct 11 13:52:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:20:44 +0200 (CEST), Rajko Albrecht wrote:

> I try to use k3b as normal user but it doesn't work. As "root" there
> are no problems.

This has been covered many times before on this list. See list
archives link at the bottom of every message (well, almost every
message). There's an open bugzilla ticket about this, too.

> 3. As I remember in earlier times there was a tool called k3bsetup. This
> one is missing. :( tried to call it direct and via rooted kcmshell.
> nothing happens.

Read the Fedora Core 2 release notes. k3bsetup2 is not included,
because it is not needed.

> cdrecord and so on have the suid flag as i could see.

No, they should not. Disable the suid flag again.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.05 1.02 1.00