sbcglobal

Phillip T. George me at PhillipGeorge.com
Mon Oct 11 16:27:26 UTC 2004

Frank Pineau wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:47 -0500, Phillip T. George wrote:
>

>>>Even with business class service (DSL, that is), current/new accounts need
>>>to use PPPoE.  They stopped allocating via straight DHCP quite some time
>>>ago (I'm using a business class SBC DSL account, and I work for SBC).
>>>

>>OUCH.  Personally I prefer Cox cable.  DSL seems to suck, especially
>>when its PPPOE.
>>
>>-Phillip
>>

>I dunno, I have SBC and my 3Mb/512kb is pretty nice, with speeds
>comparable to cable and I don't have to share the bandwidth with
>everyone in my neighborhood.  Plus, I have a /29.  The PPPoE aspect is
>handled by the Cayman Netopia bridging router they gave me.

Frank,
Interesting...Where are you located?  DSL just never has seemed to work
very well here...drops the connection a lot--at various locations, not
just one.  The system was down most of the day on Friday for a lot of
people in fact...  normally its just annoying because the modem needs to
be reset at a lot of locations.
-Phillip